Introduction and Aim
At Devonshire Pine, we believe that our business is responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner. We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods. It is our priority to encourage our customers,suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Specifically, we will:
- Whollysupport and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Ensure that all employees, visitors and contractors understand our environmental policy and confirm to the high standards it requires
- Set out clear environmental objectives, which are relevant to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of our activities
- Address complaints about any breach of our environmental policy promptly, to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Identify performance targets by which progress towards these environmental objectives can be measured and reviewed.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Update our environmental policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.
ObjectivesDuring 2017 we aim to:
- Minimise our waste and then resue or recycle as much of it as possible
- Minimise energy usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies and minimise our comsuption of nautral resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Reduce solvent consumption and the emissions of volatile organic compounds.
- Due to the size and nature of our business, we will monitor Nuisances from our processes such as noise, dusts and fumes.
- To achieve our aims, we have set ourselves the following targets:
- To look at our recycling process and implement tighter controls, procedures and staff training to enable us to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill by 1% in 2017.
- To reduce the amount of solvent based products used in our processes by at least 2% by the end of year 2017.
- To reduce the amount of energy use within Devonshire Pine we will try and reduce our 3 main energy uses by the end of the year 2017 - Electric by 1%, Water by 1% and Heating Diesel by 4%.
- Due to the size and nature of our business, Nuisances from our processes could be a factor. However, by the end of year 2017 we will strive to have zero complaints regarding any nuisances of noise, fumes, dusts etc.